As a consensus, compared with the current common use of concrete, steel structure: first, it can be dry-type construction, saving water, occupying less land for construction, producing less noise and dust; second, due to the reduction of self weight, less soil for foundation construction, less damage to the land, a precious resource; third, it can reduce the use of concrete and brick and tile, reducing the excavation of mountains and stones around the city, It is conducive to environmental protection; fourth, the service life of the building is expired, the solid waste generated by the structural demolition is less, and the price of scrap steel resource recovery is high. At present, steel structure building is one of the structures that have the least impact on urban environment. It has been widely used in the west, so it is called green building.
China has also formulated a series of technical specifications, supporting policies and organizations for the development of steel structures:
1. In 1996, the Ministry of construction compiled the building technology policy 1996-2010, which proposed to develop and solve the anticorrosion technology, waterproof and fireproof coating technology of steel structure, so as to meet the development needs of building steel;
2. In October 1998, the Ministry of Construction issued the notice on promotion and application of 10 new technologies in the construction industry, in which the eighth new technology is steel structure technology. The main contents are: high-rise steel structure technology, space steel structure technology, steel-concrete composite structure technology, high-strength bolt connection and welding technology, steel structure protection technology;
3. In May 1999, the construction steel technology coordination group of the Ministry of construction and the State Metallurgical Industry Bureau was established, and two expert groups of “reinforced concrete” and “steel structure” were successively established;
4. In May 2000, the construction steel coordination group of the Ministry of construction and the State Metallurgical Industry Bureau held a national seminar on the development of construction steel structure technology in Beijing. The Ministry of construction and the State Metallurgical Industry Bureau formed a national steel structure expert group to discuss the “Tenth Five Year Plan” of the national construction steel structure industry, the 2010 development plan outline and the construction steel structure engineering technology policy. Experts put forward that building steel structure can be divided into five categories: high-rise heavy-duty steel structure, space long-span steel structure, light-duty steel structure, steel-concrete composite structure and residential steel structure. During the Tenth Five Year Plan period, residential steel structure should be the focus of development;
5. Jianbiao (2001) No. 131 document issued by the Ministry of Construction issued the national industry standard for frequency welded thin-walled H-beam for structure. This will promote the further application of domestic high-frequency welding H-beam Under the guidance of these policies, China’s steel structure buildings have developed rapidly.
Since the 1980s, there have been more than 40 high-rise steel structure buildings completed and under construction in the mainland of China, with a total area of about 3.2 million square meters, a steel consumption of about 300000 tons and a capital of about 60 billion yuan. In Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Dalian, Tianjin and other places, the construction climax has been formed. Especially in Lujiazui Financial District, Pudong, Shanghai, there are 12 high-rise steel structure buildings that have been completed and under construction. The Shanghai Jinmao Building (88 floors, with a height of 420.5 meters) and the global financial building under construction have made China’s high-rise buildings in the forefront of the world. The corresponding scientific research, design and construction of high-rise steel structures have made great progress. A large number of metal structure factories of construction, shipbuilding, metallurgy, electric power, railway systems and mechanized construction companies of Shanghai, Beijing and CSCEC systems have reached a high level in the production and installation of steel structures.
In recent years, space structures represented by space grids and latticed shells have also continued to develop. The structure is characterized by reasonable stress, large rigidity, light weight, single member, convenient production and installation, which can meet the requirements of large span, high space, and various building forms. It is not only used in general civil buildings, but also in industrial plants, hangars, terminals, stadiums, exhibition centers, etc. For example, the span of Tianjin seamless steel pipe plant, capital airport maintenance warehouse, Tianjin gymnasium and Shanghai gymnasium has reached 780 meters. The dry welding shed of Yangzhou No.2 Power Plant has been equipped with more than 100 meter span grid frame or shell. The continuous grid workshop of Yuxi cigarette factory in Yunnan Province has reached 120000 square meters, and the spatial grid structure is rich in modeling changes, such as the flying butterfly type grid shell of Yichun stadium, the shell type grid shell of Weihai stadium, and the multi-layer and multi span grid frame of Hainan Buddha. It should be said that grid and shell are still the mainstream of space structure construction in China. A number of terminals, convention and exhibition centers and sports venues began to use short tubes and round steel tubes to make space truss, arch and cable-stayed grid structures. In addition, wave shaped roof has attracted people’s attention.
At the same time, in recent years, China’s light-weight steel structure buildings have also developed rapidly, mainly used in light industrial plants, granaries, stadiums, exhibition halls, mobile houses, storey adding buildings, building materials, furniture and other types of trading markets. With foreign manufacturers of housing factories entering China one after another, the market competition is more and more fierce. With the rapid development of heat preservation, heat insulation materials, fire prevention, anti-corrosion coating, lighting components, doors and windows and connectors, the product quality has been continuously improved, and the varieties and specifications basically meet the needs of light steel buildings.
Because of its light weight, good anti-seismic performance and high degree of industrialization, steel structure is a kind of green environmental protection product, which can be widely used in residential buildings. The residential steel structure, which plays an important role in promoting the national economy, is conducive to rapidly improving the degree of housing industrialization, promoting the technical innovation and industrial structure adjustment of construction steel in China. In the 1980s, China began to introduce foreign light steel houses for development and research. Recently, the Department of science and technology of the Ministry of construction and the promotion center of housing industrialization organized relevant units to actively promote the research and development of residential steel structure, and carried out design research and engineering pilot in Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Laiwu, Shandong, Changsha, Hunan and other places.
The development of steel structure market in China has a very broad prospect. It conforms to the national policy of protecting environment and land resources. The total amount of steel products in China ranks the first in the world, which provides a material basis for the development of steel structure. The gap with western developed countries will make us catch up with each other. The application of steel structure will lead to a series of revolution in design and construction. It is believed that the large-scale application of steel structure in Olympic venues and large-scale engineering projects can rapidly promote the development of steel structure buildings in China.
Jiangsu Andy Steel Structure Co., Ltd is professional manufacturer and engineering company for Space Frame,Steel Truss, Steel Structure, Curtain Wall, Metal Roof Maintenance, Skylight and Membrane Structure project with full capability of research, design, fabrication, construction, supervision service. We have equipped with advanced software and system, and we have professional designers and technical engineers. covers an area of more than 100,000 square meters and annual production capacity: 36000 tons
More Detail: www.andysteelstructure.com